John A. Vorel is running for the office of State Representative from Belknap County District 4 which includes the towns of Tilton and Sanbornton. You can contact him at email@example.com
John was born and raised on a farm in Gilmanton, NH and attended Pittsfield High School. He studied at the US Naval Academy at Annaloplis, MD, and the University of NH where he majored in business administration. He has lived in Sanbornton for the last 10 years and started working for Bankers Life in 2007.
John has managed ski resorts for over 20 years.
- General Manager of King Ridge Ski Area (1981-1989)
- Director of State Ski Operations (Canon and Sunapee) (1989-1991)
- General Manager of Gunstock Recreation/Ski Area (1991-1999)
- President, Vorel and Associates (1999-present)
- NH Licensed Insurance Agent for Bankers Life (2007-present)
- Fully Certified PSIA Ski Instructor
- Vice Chairman of New London Planning Board
- Co-Chair for Development of New London Recycling Center
- President of NH Ski Area Operators Association
- Member of Gov. Sununu’s “NH State Ski Area Study Commission”
- President of Laconia/Weirs Chamber of Commerce
- Active in Legislative Work, Concord (2000-2007)
- Member of Laconia/Gilford Economic Development Council
- Guest Lecturer for “Ski Area Management” at Lydon State College,VT.
- Banker’s Life “Rising Star Award” (2008)
- Elected to Town of Sanbornton Budget Committee (2017 – 2019)